Pre-Health Letter Request
Often professional schools request students submit various letters or forms to verify information already stated in the application. The Pre-Health advising office is pleased to help students in this endeavor.
UIC Pre-Health Advising does not write committee letters or compile letter packets for students. UIC undergraduates and alumni may request a Credential Letter if they meet the associated requirements and deadlines.
Request for Letter Form Heading link
Students needing one of the letters below or a different letter from the Pre-Health advising office may request such by completing the Request for Letter form. Pre-health advisors desire to complete the requests within three business days of submission. Students will be contacted via email when the request has been processed.
Types of Letters Available Upon Request Heading link
There are many types of letters that can be requested. Below are some examples of letters that have been requested and written in the past for UIC students.
- Academic Probation/Dismissal Record: Many professional schools request a statement concerning your academic record. You will need to provide a statement allowing the release of information to the professional school.
- Institutional Action/Disciplinary Record: Many professional schools request a statement concerning your UIC disciplinary record. Our office will contact the Dean of Students office on your behalf and can complete the form to disclose your record to professional schools. You will need to provide a statement allowing the release of information to the professional school.
- Verification of Educational Goal: At times, physician offices, clinics and hospitals request verification of a students’ pursuit of a health field before allowing a volunteering or shadowing experience. A letter can be written on your behalf discussing your health goal and sharing our belief of the beneficial nature of the experience to your educational aspiration.
- UIC Letter of Recommendation policy: UIC does not have a formal pre-health advisory committee and does not write a committee letter on behalf of students applying to professional school. The Pre-Health advising office is able to share this policy with schools to ensure programs are aware of our procedure and do not require students to submit a letter that the university does not offer.
- UIC Organic Chemistry sequence: The organic sequence at UIC includes three courses, two lectures and one lab. Many schools require two lab courses; however, the UIC CHEM 233 (lab) covers the content that should prepare you for professional school. If schools outside of Illinois, request verification that you have met the content, typically taught in organic chemistry, we will provide such a statement.